If you have a book that you’d like me to represent — especially if it’s a book for children or teens — please follow the guidelines below.
But first: here’s what I am NOT ACCEPTING right now:
- picture book texts
- adult fiction or non-fiction
- Christian fiction or non-fiction
* Address your submission to email@example.com. Hardcopy queries and submissions are not accepted.
* Send a cover letter in the body of the email that tells me a little about yourself and how you came to write your book.
* Include the entire manuscript as a Word or Open Source document.
* If you are an illustrator, please include a website address where I can go to see your work. I’d prefer that you not send a PDF of a dummy as that can crash my inbox. I am not accepting unsolicited picture book texts right now.
* You’ll receive a bounce-back message to say I’ve received your material once it hits my inbox. The bounce-back will give you more information about how long it will take me to consider your work. I am very sorry to say that I am unable to respond to the majority of submissions. I wish it were otherwise!
* If you do choose to submit, thank you in advance for trusting me with your words and pictures.